Convention Centre New Town
The Bengal State Convention Centre Project is being developed by HIDCO and is proposed to completed by this year end . The shape and form of the building is designed by Dayal Mukerjee and Associates.
SALIENT FEATURES OF CONVENTION CENTRE
Facilities in the Main Convention Block comprise of
• A mega Convention Hall with a seating capacity of 3000 people.
• 4 Large Exhibition halls including State Banquet with a total carpet area of 17,000 sq.ft.
• Spacious pre function area having a carpet area of 12500 sq.ft.
• Garden Food court linked to the exhibition halls.
• 2 smaller capacity auditoriums each with a seating capacity of 434 people.
• Extensive food and beverage facilities during conferences catered through provision of banquet kitchens .
Facilities at the Residency comprises of
• 112 twin bedded rooms (A business centre comprising of 10 meeting rooms with its own pre function area and satellite kitchen.)
• 2 numbers of specialty restaurants and 24 hrs coffee shop.
• A business club of area 8000 sq.ft comprising of a gymnasium, billiards room, cards room. (An exclusive gents and ladies spa along with a gents and ladies salon of area 7000 sq.ft with a terrace level swimming pool.)
• Campus has a provision of 640 covered parking , 92 open parking and 15 bus parking.
Inaugurated by Hon'ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
|Total Built up Area of Convention Block||2,81,546 sq.ft||Total Built up Area of the Residency(Business Hotel)||1,75,737 sq.ft||Total Built up Area of MLCP||2,35,503 sq.ft.|